Thursday, January 2, 2020

Sewing Session and Farewell 2019

Well it's been sometime since I've managed to free up a moment or two to do some sewing!

2019 was a very busy year indeed with the operation of two businesses and a family! Dear I say, poor old Barbie had been put on the back burner until further notice! (Well, through out the year there had been a couple of  'Barbie purchases')

It wasn't until around December that I decided to pull the girls out of hibernation and then the sewing bug hit me! 

First up, my most recent Barbie purchases (TNT Barbie & 2 Hair Fair Barbies) were in dire need of some clothing as they arrived from half way around the world and landed on my doorstep in their birthday suits!

These girls arrived in New Zealand from USA
Clothes are from my collection



Due to not having one single piece of 'MOD' clothing in my collection, I decided to create something a little bit 'MOD' for my new favourite girl, TNT Barbie




The mesh 'GO GO' dress turned out not too bad! There's lots more sewing to be done for this girl and also some hunting for some original 'MOD' Barbie clothes. 

And with that dress sewn, that's the end of 2019. Farewell!! 


Time to move onto Miss Hair Fair (plantnum blonde)

For this girl I loved the look of the cherry fabric on her with a dash of red (dress bodice). To complement the dress I have hand beaded the belt. Please bear in mind that I've never done beading before so this was all new to me and something I would like to do more of as I love the end result. 
The coat is a pattern has been in my stash for awhile now and I've  been itching to make it. Finally got there and i'm very pleased with the end result. 
Now all that is need is a handbag, hat & shoes which I will make at a later date





HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all. 
I look forward to sharing more of my Barbie collection and sewing endeavors over the year with you 






No comments:

Post a Comment