Monday, June 8, 2020

80's Glam


  Today is all about the 80's. 
My very first Barbie ever was Dreamtime Barbie (1984). She remains in my collection to this day and will always hold a special place in my heart. 
All photo's are from my personal collection. Enjoy a trip through the 80's 

Dreamtime Barbie







Dreamtime, Magic Moves & Peaches n Cream

Dream Glow Barbie & Ken





Magic Moves





Rocker Barbie version 1


Rocker Barbie version 2

Nurse Whitney
Happy Birthday Barbie 1980
\



Pretty Changes 1978 (not 80's I know!)






Astronaut Barbie 1985


Cool Times Midge 





Angel Face Barbie


















2 comments:

  1. I love the 80s Barbies, they're the best and you have the some of the most iconic examples of that era! I love your Magic Moves Barbie - the Philippine version is so amazing! There's Peaches'n Cream, Dream Glow, Day to Night, Nurse Whitney (I loooooove her)Angel Face, my oh my! What a pleasure to see them all in one place. I also remember the classic brush, the instruction manuals, the paper cutouts and of course, the catalogues - that was a sublime torture to see all those dolls on paper and dream that one day they could be mine. You have a lovely collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nurse Whitney is one of my favourites. I bought her around 2008/9. I have just recently purchase another one (nude) so im lucky to have 2 of this beautiful doll in my collection now.
    Oh the catalogues, how I love those and would spend many hours as a child looking at them wishing Santa would bring EVERYTHING to me, as you so, pure TORTURE.
    Thank you for your kind words. Always enjoy looking at photos of the 80's Barbies.

    ReplyDelete