Friday, February 3, 2017

Latest Additions and a Repaint

Look who arrived in the post last week..... 👀







My second vintage "original" Skipper. Isn't she gorgeous! I'm so pleased to have her in my collection.

Also arriving last week was this 1988 Barbie case. Its not in tip top condition but I'm certainly not complaining as I got it for $1.00!!!!

    




I decided last night that my Fashion Queen needed a repaint. I'm not one for tampering with vintage Barbies, I like to leave them "as they are" however, poor old Faye  (my Fashion Queen) was in dire need of a repaint as her eye paint was in tatters and half her lips were missing! She needs her hair and eyebrows repainted, unfortunately, I didn't manage to get around to that today but there is always tomorrow right???

Here's today's progress....




This is before I repainted the lips



After the lip repaint



Overall, i'm pleased with the progress so far. Stay tuned for more...

























2 comments:

  1. Love your Skipper, this little doll was always my favourite and I have a few in my collection. I will have to the Skipper page from my old blog to my new one at some stage.

    Well done on the repaint, she is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had any Skippers when I was a kid. Im starting to really love this little doll. Would love to read your post on Skipper...do you have a link?

    ReplyDelete