Monday, November 14, 2016

Beautiful Fabrics and Dresses

The ol' sewing machine has been going overtime! That's what happens after a trip to 'Spotlight' where ones eyes boggle at all the beautiful fabrics.


This is my "Country Rose" outfit
To make this dress, I have mixed and match two patterns, The bodice pattern is from Sewing and Pattern

     

To make the bodice for my dress I cut this pattern down where I have marked with red lines.


To make the skirt I used Aileen's Petite Fashions Fancy Free Skirt and added 6" to it. You can find the pattern here: Fancy Free Skirt

      






Rockabilly Rockin

I have always wanted to make rockabilly style clothing so who better to make it for the Barbie!




This is "Hearts Out to Rockabilly"
To make this dress I used this pattern for the bodice Sweetheart Dress You may need to enlarge the pattern to fit Barbie.

To make the skirt I used the skirt pattern from Fancy Free Skirt and extended the pattern to 15'. I then divided the pattern into 5 sections, each section measuring 3".


To sew this skirt I followed the instructions from The Peggy Skirt













       





No comments:

Post a Comment