Monday, November 14, 2016

Setting the Scene


Upon my recent spurt of sewing Barbie clothes, it came to me that in order to display these clothes I needed a decent background.

I have always loved Barbies New Dream House, however I do not have one of these (I do hope to own one one day :) )



So, what does one do when one does not have something???? Create your own of course! Using a bit of cardboard and some paint, I got crafting.

I recreated Barbie's bedroom looking at photos of Barbies New Dream House. Of course its not exactly the same, a few touches of my own have been added. The end result is indeed, rather pleasing :)

I hope that if you are reading this post it will inspire you to get creating and maybe create your own background scene for Barbie.

The beginning of setting the scene. To make the lattice window, I cut out strips of cardboard and glued them on. 


At first I tried to paint this freehand, but soon discovered that trying to do straight lines freehand is very difficult! Out came the masking tape!




  


  

  

To make the curtains a template was made first


The end result!

















                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment