Sunday, January 15, 2017

Ads, booklets and more



I don't know about you but I love looking at vintage Barbie advertising, vintage Barbie fashion booklets, Barbie paper dolls, anything vintage Barbie and beyond. I find it most fascinating because a lot of this stuff I don't think we got in New Zealand as I believe Barbie was not introduced here until the 1970's, however I could be wrong. As a collector, I am always learning something new about Barbie, part of the reason why I enjoy collecting Barbie...there is always something new to learn and discover.

I recently did some browsing for vintage Barbie magazines online and came across some wonderful vintage advertising material, booklets and other stuff, its only fair that I share my findings with you! Hope you enjoy this as much as I do :)))

1968 Montgomery Ward toy catalog
1970 three page ad for New Living Barbie
1970's three page ad

       


That house!!!
Barbie and Skipper Deluxe Dream House


Color Magic Barbie



     

Color' n Curl Instruction Booklet 1965
   




Fashion Paks for Barbie and Midge 1960's


   

     

Paper dolls 1960's


Promotional photo for Midge doll






   
















1 comment:

  1. These ads and booklets are lovely. The dolls pictured are fabulous, I sometimes wish that Barbie dolls still were made like this, and the clothes too :-).

    ReplyDelete